Intended Use :
The COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test (Oral Fluid) is a single-use test kit intended to detect the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 that causes COVID-19 in human oral fluid. This test is designed for home use1 with self-collected oral fluid samples from symptomatic individuals who are suspected of being infected with COVID-19.
The COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test (Oral Fluid) obtain preliminary results only, the final confirmation should be based on clinical diagnostic results.
The novel coronaviruses belong to the β genus. COVID-19 is an acute respiratory infectious disease. People are generally susceptible. Currently, the patients infected by the novel coronavirus are the main source of infection; asymptomatic infected people can also be an infectious source. Based on the current epidemiological investigation, the incubation period is 1 to 14 days, mostly 3 to 7 days. The main manifestations include fever, fatigue, and dry cough. Nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat, myalgia, and diarrhea are found in a few cases.
The COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test (Oral Fluid) is a qualitative membrane-based immunoassay for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 Antigens in human oral fluid specimens.
Positive Result :
If you see two red lines by C and T regions, it is a positive result. The lines can be distinct or faint. You are tested Covid-19 positive.
- RT-PCR test is still required for a confirmation of a Covid-19 case. You are advised to seek medical attention immediately even though you might have no symptoms
- Do follow the current SOP given
Negative Result :
If you see one red line by C, and no line by T, it is a negative result.
- You probably do not have Covid-19. However, you are advised to continue monitoring for symptoms if you suspect you might be exposed to the virus as there is a chance for a false-negative result
- If you develop symptoms, later on, you are advised to do a RT-PCR test as confirmation
Invalid Result :
If you do not see any lines, or one line by T, it is an invalid result. The test did not work.
- You will need to do another test with a new test kit.