- Helpful in the case of patients with Arakawa's syndrome II. This is a metabolic disorder where the patient has the inability to metabolize mecobalamin.
- Used in the treatment for vitamin B12 deficiency.
- This medicine can also be used in the treatment of anemia
- Effective in the care of patients with neurological disorders like as patients facing numbness and tingling and other symptoms. Such symptoms occur where the peripheral nervous system does not function normally and can be treated with mecobalamin.
- Studies have also revealed the effectiveness of the drug in the early treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.