MegaLive NJ Flex® Forte is a combination of hydrolyzed fish collagen, sodium hyaluronate, Boswellia serrata gum extract, branched-chain amino acids, soy protein, vitamins and minerals, galacto-oligosaccharides, turmeric rhizome extract and hydrolyzed chicken eggshell membrane. This combination provides essential nutrients for joint health
Hydrolyzed Fish Collagen, NatiCol®
- Collagen is an essential and major component of connective tissues (joints, tendons, cartilage, ligaments, blood vessels) and makes up 25% of the total protein mass.
- Collagen production starts to decline from the age of 25 and becomes more pronounced by early or mid forties.
- NatiCol® is selectively derived from fish skin and scales which have been consumed by mankind for a long time. It contains 93 to 95% of pure collagen, high level of oligo-peptides and essential amino-acids.
- Hydrolysed fish collagen helps to maintain healthy cartilage.
- Sodium hyaluronate (Hyaluronic acid, HA) is naturally found in the skin, cartilage and other connective tissue and in the synovial fluid that lubricates the body’s joints. It enables the fluid to act as a lubricant, a shock absorber and a filter controlling the movement of cells and large molecules within the joint.
Boswellia Serrata Gum Extract
- Boswellia serrata, also known as the Indian version of frankincense, has been used for thousands of years for its ability to manage inflammatory disorders.
- Long-term use of Boswellia does not appear to lead to irritation or ulceration of the stomach.
Branched-Chain Amino Acids (L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine)
- The branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) – Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine are three of the nine essential amino acids that serve as both an important energy substrate and as a precursor for the synthesis of other amino acids and proteins.
- BCAAs are known to increase protein synthesis and decrease muscle protein breakdown.
Isolated Soy Protein
- Soy protein is a plant-based protein that is derived from soy beans. It is naturally rich in vitamins and minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, iron, B-complex vitamins and vitamin E, all of which provide numerous benefits to the bone health.
- Soy isoflavones are phenolic compounds found in soy protein with antioxidant activities just like other flavonoids.
Vitamins and Minerals
- Vitamins and minerals help to maintain optimal bone health and prevent the loss of bone mass.
- Galactooligosaccharides (GOS), prebiotic nondigestible oligosaccharides derived from lactose, have the potential for improving bone mineralization and calcium absorption.
Turmeric (Curcuma longa) Rhizome Extract
- Turmeric (C. longa) has a long history of safe use as food and it has long been used as anti-inflammatory treatment in traditional Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine.
- Turmeric contains a yellow-pigmented fraction that mainly consists of curcuminoids, which is reported to have beneficial effects on joint pain due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities.
- It helps protect cells from the damaging effects of excessive free radicals and reduces joint pain and swelling by blocking inflammatory cytokines and enzymes.
Hydrolyzed Chicken Eggshell Membrane
- Eggshell membrane is a rich source of naturally-occurring joint supporting nutrients such as glycosaminoglycans (GAGs), chondroitin sulfate, hyaluronic acid and collagen, which are well-known for their importance in maintaining healthy connective tissue and joint functions.
- These nutrients appear to work as a unit along with the GAGS to help support a healthy joint.
Direction of use
Adults: Take 1-2 sachets, once daily before meal, or as directed by doctor/ pharmacist or your health care professional