Registration Number: MAL13055070X
OSTEOACTIV 3-IN-1 JOINT FORMULA POWDER contains glucosamine HCl, chondroitin sulfate, and methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) which appear to act synergistically to stimulate the production of new cartilage, have an anti-inflammatory effect, slow down the progression of joint degeneration and improve mobility.
Clinical benefits of glucosamine HCL:
- Rebuild damaged cartilage and lubricate the joints
Glucosamine is the main building block for the synthesis of glycosaminoglycans (GAGs), hyaluronic acid (HA), and proteoglycans, which are important constituents of healthy cartilage and lubricating fluid in the joints.
- Promote joint health, reduce swelling and stiffness
Glucosamine enhances the production of HA and its anti-inflammatory action helps to relieve joint pain and therefore reduce joint swelling and stiffness.
- Increase joint mobility and flexibility
Clinical benefits of chondroitin sulfate:
- Support strong healthy cartilage
Chondroitin sulfate helps draw water into the cartilage, keeping it spongy and adding to the thickness and elasticity of cartilage and its ability to absorb compressive force.
- Stimulate the formation of new cartilage and synovial fluid
Chondroitin sulfate plays a role in the chondrocyte metabolism and stimulates the synthesis of GAGs and HA.
- Prevent degeneration of cartilage and joints
Chondroitin sulfate inhibits the degradative enzymes, which break down the cartilage matrix and synovial fluid and prevents the destruction of cartilage and loss of joint function.
Clinical benefits of methylsulfonylmethane (MSM):
- Support overall joint health
MSM is rich in organic sulfur which is an important building block for the formation of connective tissue to support healthy bones, joints, and cartilage.
- Reduce joint inflammation
MSM has an anti-inflammatory effect and helps to reduce joint pain by lowering inflammatory responses that contribute to swelling and stiffness and is useful in the management of OA.
- Improve physical function and stay active
MSM helps reduce the degeneration of cartilage in joints and improve physical function to support an active lifestyle and increase the quality of life.
Glucosamine increases the production of synovial fluid and proteoglycans to maintain the elasticity, strength, and resilience of joints.
Each sachet contains -
Glucosamine HCl ........................ 1000mg
Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) ..... 1000mg
Chondroitin Sulfate Sodium ........... 880mg
(equivalent to 800mg of Chondroitin Sulfate)
This product contains Glucosamine derived from seafood and Chondroitin from a bovine source.
Dosage/How to use:
For oral administration only.
Take the content of 1 sachet dissolved in a glass of water (250ml) once daily before food or as directed by a healthcare professional.
- Hypersensitivity to glucosamine
- As the active ingredient is obtained from seafood (shellfish), It should not be given to patients who are allergic to seafood
- Pregnancy and lactation, consult healthcare professional prior to consuming