Panadol Extra is suitable for customers who want the benefits of Panadol, plus a little more pain-relieving power from strong pain such as tension headaches, bad backaches, and period pain. Data show that this dual-action formulation has up to 37% more pain-relieving power than standard Panadol. Despite this extra effect, it remains gentle on the stomach.
Panadol Extra is a paracetamol-based analgesic that provides gentle relief from strong pain and discomfort associated with:
- Headaches, including Migraine
- Body Aches
- Muscular Aches & Pains
- Cold & Flu Symptoms
- Joint Pain/Osteoarthritis
- Period Pain
- Sore Throat
Panadol Extra is strong on pain and gentle on the body. Like all Panadol products, Panadol Extra is virtually free of side effects and can be used with most medications, when taken as directed.
- Adults (including the elderly) and children aged 12 years and over:
- Oral administration only.
- 1-2 tablets (500mg paracetamol/ 65mg caffeine, 1000mg paracetamol/130mg caffeine), taken every 4-6 hours, as required.
- Maximum daily dose: 4000mg paracetamol/520mg caffeine.
- Do not exceed the stated dose. Should not be used with other paracetamol-containing products.
- Can be taken with or without food.
Not recommended for children under 12 years of age.
- 500mg Paracetamol
- 65mg caffeine
Warnings & Precautions (see label for full list)
- Always read the label. Use only as directed. For the relief of pain and fever. Incorrect use could be harmful.
- Should not be taken with other products containing paracetamol at the same time.
- Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to paracetamol.
- If symptoms persist, please consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- If you have any liver or kidney problems, please consult your doctor before taking Panadol.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.
- Paracetamol overdose may cause liver failure. Immediate medical management is required in the event of an overdose, even if symptoms of overdose are not present.